Friday, August 22, 2008

Harmony in The Metasemantic Web: Be Part of History and Meet the Unique Music of M.I.A: A Combination of Social Realismo Politics & Humor




M.I.A. or Mathangi "Maya" Arulpragasam
M.I.A. at the Siren Music Festival in July 2007
M.I.A. at the Siren Music Festival in July 2007 - 12.00

Originally posted at http://flickr.com/photos/mrdisco/870773605/. Taken by flickr user j. appleseed

Artist Infomation
Birth nameMathangi Arulpragasam
Artistic name
M.I.A. - AKA MIA
Born17 July 1977 (1977-07-17) (age 31)
Hounslow, London, UK
OriginSri Lanka and London, UK
Genre(s)Alternative, dancehall, folk, dance, indie
Occupation(s)Vocalist, composer, singer-songwriter, producer, visual artist, fashion designer
Instrument(s)Vocals, drum machine, Roland MC-505, synthesizer, sampler, laptop (MacBook Pro), percussion
Years active2000–present
Label(s)XL Recordings (2004–present)
Interscope Records (2005–present)
Showbiz Records (2003)
Official Websitemiauk.com
M.I.A is Plowing the Web
Sunshowers from the album Arular
10 Dollars
Paper planes
Bucky Done Gun


Bird Flu Courtesy of M.I.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plowed Results | Resultados Arados